1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by debbiehep, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    Debbie
    X

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I always organise an alternative Christmas card at school - the staff put in what they would have spent on Christmas cards andwe get something through Oxfam Unwrapped or similar. We usually get a toilet (about £50) and something else, this year we also sent a contribution for clean water for 20 people. It's become quite a tradition.

We agree that clean water and sanitation is a very important issue, particularly as girls in some places are discouraged from coming to school by the lack of any toilets whatsoever.

PS Happy Christmas and thanks for all the phonics advice.

3. That's an excellent idea. I expect other schools do something similar - but what if every school did this?
    What if the idea was spread to the children and the parents and became more organised per se?
    I love the end days of an 'old' year and the beginning of the 'new' year. I always write loads of resolutions on the basis of good intentions and determination - but also on the basis that, surely, when I look back, at least some of those resolutions will have been achieved in some way - perhaps only in part but that's better than nothing.
    It's very easy to achieve some resolutions - just decide to do them and DO them!
    I hope everyone will support Water Aid or similar. It's horrifying to think of life without the fundamental basics.