1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Merry Christmas and thank you

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Orchid2457, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Orchid2457

Orchid2457 New commenter

Dear Tessers,
    I wanted to say that teaching wise 2018 hasn’t been the finest year for me. It’s been pretty dreadful and I know lots of people are in the same boat. I’ve had to visit the doctors, go for counciling and try to cope with the battles of being a teacher in the 21st centuary. It’s been a long, hard journey but the advice on this site has been invaluable.

I come on here to seek reassurance from those more experienced and more knowledgeable. I have never been disappointed, and to some of you, I owe my career. I’ve been strong enough to stand up for myself and others armed with the wisdom of people who have posted on here. Don’t ever think your advice is wasted because someone will benefit from it. It’s gives someone strength and hope so thank you so much. Hugs and blessings x

2. Caligraphy

Caligraphy Occasional commenter

I lovet this post. I have posted here fairly infrequently, but read and digest the advice given to other posters. I thought I would never teach again, but after a period on supplyI now work overseas in a wonderful International school. I hope everyone by has a great holiday. If you teach...you earn it.xx

3. skellig1182

skellig1182 Senior commenter

Same here. It’s been a tough year and I think I had almost 200 responses in March with so much love and support from the fellow tessers. I’ll never forget how wonderful people can be and that you are never really alone!

#tesfamily!

4. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

Agree with all the above. Just wish somebody was there for me in 'real' life!

Thank you.

pepper5, Curae, Lara mfl 05 and 3 others like this.
  5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Its always been a strength of this site, that people will strive to support each other.

6. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Exactly!

Marshall, your friends in the ether will continue to be there for you and for anyone who needs it. We migh not all have the same problems, but we can empathise hopefully and someone, somewhere on here may have a parallel experience that could be helpful.

pepper5, Curae, Marshall and 4 others like this.
  7. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Marshall I haven't contributed to your thread as everyone has already said what I would have said and I don't want to just repeat everyone else's comments. However I reiterate what Foxtail has just said. We are here for you. X

8. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

I echo these sentiments, I too have had a horrendous end to the year and have been off for a while, but when I reached rock bottom (which I did), this site was a real lifeline to me in terms of advice and support. There are some really fabulous people on here, who stopped me feeling alone and gave me sensible practical advice when I couldn't think straight for myself. I will be eternally grateful to you all. Merry Christmas! x

9. Over_the_hill

PS I looked for a funny meme to say thank you and I found this little gem which I thought would amuse. 404691C1-C7DF-41CB-ACD0-3B4D0D0A973C.jpeg

10. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

What a heart-warming thread to read. I know how often I have found answers to questions here - without even needing to ask them. I hope everyone who has had a really tough year has a joyous and peaceful Christmas and a happier new year! x

11. Curae

Curae Star commenter

Such a lovely warm thread full of kindness and gratitude. We are all real people that actually care about one another and I know that some TESSERS have been more than virtual friends actually going out of their way to meet others.
    No matter what we are always here 24/7 so if anyone needs advice let off steam hand holding or a shoulder to cry on you can have mine and many other TESSERS Do not hesitate to contact whether at work or home

We will be here always and forever.

May I wish you the very best during the festive season and that all your dreams come true .
    Much love
    CURAE xxx

12. Over_the_hill

Merry Christmas Curae xx

pepper5, Curae and Lara mfl 05 like this.