1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Freddie92, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Freddie92

Freddie92 Occasional commenter

To all those on the forum and everyone involved in Teaching, I hope you all have a great break, even if it is a bit shorter this year.

I don't know if our politicians (who get longer holidays than we do, and when they mess up they never seem to step down) ever read TES, but I do hope if they do they will realise that the profession is on its knees. Morale is rock bottom and they really, really should listen to us. We are not whingers, or troublemakers as the media often portray us as. Nor are we skivers or lazy. Most teachers give their best for pupils, but the feeling of burnout is tangible.

I'd quit the profession in a heartbeat if I could, but like many I am trapped to a certain degree. And I am sad at saying that, as just a few years ago I was very happy and content being a teacher. It was the best job in the world. But, like many, I am scunnered.

On that happy note, I hope you have a great 2016. And maybe some lucky teachers will win the Euromillions and get to leave early.

bigjimmy2 likes this.
  2. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Lead commenter

Well said Fred.

aspensquiver likes this.
  3. Potatoes005

Potatoes005 Occasional commenter

Merry Christmas from where I currently lay my hat, Sydney. That's Australia for us none geographers.

I've felt like Freddie in the past but thankfully, I escaped.

I'm hoping 2016 is the year of a massive teacher strike, and that conditions improve dramatically because let's face it - they're shocking.

Anyway, I'll enjoy Christmas with my family and for a fortnight everyone should do the same back home - it'll all be there when you get back!