1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mercury Laser 25w Urgent Help please

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by foxbat, Jul 3, 2011.

1. foxbat

foxbat New commenter

Does anyone have the above laser cutter. My auto focus broke a while back and I have been using manual focus probe since, however a light fingered year 8 thought the probe looked worth stealing! Swear words etc. I haven't found it but urgently need to know the height of the blue collet from the tip of the probe. I can then fashion a new one. If you can help please post here ASAP. I have a million stem kids coming in on wednesday and have to cut out a ton of kits for them to use.

Thanks to anyone who can offer assistance.

Ps I have spoken to technology supplies and they don't know the answer. And I have ordered a new one, should be with me next week.

Tom

2. The distance usually is about 12-13mm from the surface, but why not ring Technology supplies and ask.

3. bigpedro

bigpedro New commenter

If you're in the NW then you're welcome to come and use our lazer. can't help with the height though.

4. Hi
    Overall length is 71mm
    Wide section is 12mm high x 12mm dia
    Thin bar is diameter 5mm