1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mentoring an NQT - HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by teacherlady001, May 24, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have been asked to mentor an NQT starting in September. I am happy to take on the responsibility and want to make sure that I am as helpful as possible. I would really appreciate any advice from any NQTs or mentors for things that would be useful for the NQT or for me to prepare.
    Thank you in advance :)

2. Hi,
    I have been asked to mentor an NQT starting in September. I am happy to take on the responsibility and want to make sure that I am as helpful as possible. I would really appreciate any advice from any NQTs or mentors for things that would be useful for the NQT or for me to prepare.
    Thank you in advance :)

3. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Your LEA should give you a mentor pack with loads of bumf about what to do. There may even be a training day at the local Golf Club!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL Or you can download the pack from the LA website, as I did. Contact the NQT advisor, who might be able to put you in touch with an experienced mentor from another school, this helped me loads!

Other than that, relax and enjoy it. You might get a new friend! I have!