1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mentor meetings?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by anon2047, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Stupid question i know but... Am i supposed to be having mentor meetings, and if so how often? At the moment i am just 'getting on with it' but am slightly concerned that as far as NQT stuff goes, i haven't had anything in terms of meetings, support, etc.
    I am in a very difficult school and am just trying to get by but I don't want to jeapordise my NQT term by not having done something.
    Thanks
    jaime

2. Thank you for the replies. Things are not going to change I'm afraid so I think I will just have to get my head down and get on with it.

I wish there was some way of ensuring that all NQT's had the same quality of training and development. It must be lovely to get proper support and everything rather than just being left to it.

Thanks
    Jaime

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

My poor NQT doesn't get weekly or fortnightly meetings with me where we take notes and all that. Neither of us have the time or inclination. However we do generally meet up most days and exchange emails several times a week. I do bits of marking and such for her when things are overwhelming (she is in year 6) and help her with bits of APP and stuff she doesn't know about.
    I know she doesn't think the lack of meetings means a lack of support.

If there was a problem, someone would have noticed and taken action by now. And there are probably a great many people who can help and support you as well as your mentor.