1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mental Health support in schools

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rhiannon_skilton, Jul 11, 2019.

1. rhiannon_skilton

rhiannon_skilton New commenter

Hello everyone,

I have sought permission to post this on here, and hope that this is the most appropriate place to post.

My name is Rhiannon, and I currently work as a Learning Support Mentor for children with additional learning needs and SEN in a mainstream primary school alongside studying for my MSc in Psychology. My dissertation topic surrounds mental health needs of children and young people, both in Primary and Secondary schools, and the support provided for them. Childhood mental health is increasingly becoming a big issue within our schools, and this study hopes to contribute to the understanding of how best to support teaching staff in managing and supporting students mental health.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone would be able to spare 10 minutes to complete the survey below and participate in the data collection for my study.

https://blss.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_23QEZ3hXUJwhh53

Thank you

2. rhiannon_skilton

rhiannon_skilton New commenter

Hello!

What are your feelings about mental health provision in Primary schools? Do you think that it is something that needs to become more of a focus, or do you believe that the responsibility lies outside of the school environment ?

Please, if you have ten minutes spare - follow the link in the above post and follow the survey.

Thank you

3. Hi Rhiannon, I have submitted my responses for you x

4. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Me too - good luck with your research.