1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Menopause city ..home for the bewildered and sleepless

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by lamaddalena, Nov 22, 2009.

1. gargs

gargs Star commenter

I went to a talk about menopause yesterday.
    They talked about vaginal atrophy. That was cheery :eek::eek::confused:

2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Ooh er, that which some folk doesn't even know can be a thing! I wonder if the talk helped anyone.

I once saw an advert for a Colon conference, the NABS were little and one decided she wanted to go along, a friend and I were curious as to why only to be told she thought it might be useful in English Language: Oh how we laughed... for years!

3. gargs

gargs Star commenter

:D:D:D

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Hi Girls! I've been absent for about 5 years and in that time I've retired, completely relocated (300+miles), become a Granny and am definitely post-menopausal. Life is less stressful than in a classroom but not the "picnic" I imagined it to be! I've settled on one successful HRT (after a very understanding GP listened to me and we worked together to find out what suited me best) and I believe that the Menopause will last until we die, albeit not so unbearable in the peri and early post-menopausal years. As for HRT delaying the symptons (e.g. hot flushes etc) that is not true but stopping it does make a girl grumpy and have trouble sleeping till she gets used to doing without.
    Be interested to know what other ladies think?
    Jo x

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

I agree that the hot flushes don't necessarily come back (mine didn't). I was so pleased to be pill AND hot flush free I didn't notice any lack of sleep. I am terribly grumpy though.