1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Menieres disease

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by JohnRGibbs, Aug 29, 2012.

1. I have a friend who had it - medication eventually helped, now he no longer has it. Turning corners made him dizzy. Difficult times - good luck.

2. Yep - suffered for a number of years now. Can be completely clear of any dizzy spells for about 3 -4 months then suddenly it kicks in and lasts for anything between a couple of days to 6 weeks. i am on medication, dont know if it helps. When i am having a 'spell' i have found an exercise which involves sitting straight, tip your head to one side for 1min, then straight for 1 min, then tip to the other for 1min - repeat this cycle 5 times. it does feel worse during the exercise but it has does seem to help a little. You will learn what your triggers are and you can then try to avoid them. Sorry couldnt be more positive as there is no cure, but you do learn to live with it.