1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MEN - Why are they ALL like this??????

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nomad, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

SOME men, men that YOU know even - not ALL men.

That applies equally to nomad's op as well as to all the daft 'men can't pee straight' comments.

SOME men....

memorise the word 'some' - USE IT.

2. I *do* know that some men are not as others.

3. I love men. Well, one in paerticular but you know wot I mean, like.

4. Where can we purchase one of these amazing new gadgets?

5. Well, I hate people telling me how to drive too. Doesn't everyone?

6. Oooh post 23 if you are referring to men as a gadget i find it rather appealing.

7. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I believe that Seren_dipity is one of the few posters (if not the only one) who has identified the purpose of this post - that SOME is the operative word, and nor stating (of implying) ALL.

And, *Taster*, I suspect that more men can pee straight while standing up than can women (while standing up).

8. But women now have the she wee

9. Well, at least we all know now, the really important thing thing is the toilet.

10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

strange how i fit into that long list of mens good qualities.....it was written for me.i think ill adapt it for my CV

11. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Now that would be plaigarism, Oldsome.

I cut and pasted it from my own CV.

12. Oooh, let's have some generalities shall we?

All men are ****.
    All women are loonies.

Or maybe not. It does bug the life out of me that men are cast as the absolute villains in life on this forum. OH YEAH, WAIT FOR THE FALLOUT ON THIS ONE.

Believe it or not, we're not all womanising, abusing, violent, gambling alchololic, etc, (fill in the missing spaces) men.

It really boils my blood that I'm made to feel guilty for my gender.

13. As someone who wanders in to personal from time to time only, I think I might have walked in on a full blown ongoing type 'thing'.
    *bows, makes excuses, and leaves*

*pops head back in to say:- I DID say 'men I have Known' ONLY in all my posts*

14. Do you think the OP is telling us he likes men? ;-)

15. The street where I live is full of single women in their mid forties - there are no single men here, why is this?

16. bed

bed New commenter

Someone get Nomad a nice cup of tea.

17. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

OP - hahahahahaha
    You haven't met my husband or my three sons. LOL
    I agree that some men have some of these attributes just as some men have few or none of them. I doubt if any man has all of them - apart from Nomad of course.
    You could easily put some women into most, if not all, of those categories too.
    Nomad, this really made me chuckle so thanks for brightening up my morning.
    I have to agree about the bad aiming and inability to clean up own pee.
    May I just add that:
    some men wash and polish their own car every week but totally ignore their wife's car which is parked on the drive next to it!
    some men make themselves a cup of tea and never even think of asking if anyone else wants one.
    some men come home from work tired and hungry and sit down, waiting for someone (anyone will do) to provide them with a meal even if everyone else is exhausted or unwell.
    some men clear the snow off their side of the drive but not their wife's side!
    some men drop their dirty clothes on the floor beside their bed and expect someone to deal with them.
    some men complain about how dirty their bathroom is (two bathroom house and he's the only one to use it) but don't bother to clean it
    some men come home from work and walk into the living room where their wife and sons are watching a programme on TV and ask, "Are you watching this?" and then get in a strop because there's football on and they want to watch in on this TV rather than the one in their bedroom - which is the same size but not HD
    Some men don't cuddle or comfort their wife at her mother's funeral.
    Some men don't know how to empty the dishwasher.
    Some men don't know that used tea bags go in the bin.
    Some men don't know that empty milk containers go in the recycling box, which they stand beside when they are smoking, and not on the draining board.
    Some men don't understand that, if you take the bottle opener out of the kitchen drawer to open a bottle of beer, it will seriously cheese off their wife if they then put the bottle opener and lid of the beer bottle on the worktop and THEN close the kitchen drawer.
    Some men don't shut the bathroom door first thing in the morning because they think that nobody else is awake to hear them pee and pass wind.
    Some men buy their wife the same book two years in a row for her birthday because "she liked it so much last year"
    Some men cannot spell their wife's name properly even after 29 years of marriage.
    Hope this makes your chuckle Nomad and all other "perfect" men reading this. [​IMG]
    Incidentally, I wouldn't want to be married to a "perfect" man.

18. Honey Loop

Honey Loop New commenter

Why resurrect a 4 year old thread?

19. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

That's what trolls do. They can't help themselves.

20. Honey Loop

Honey Loop New commenter

Aw, bless their little cotton socks. Compulsion is a terrible thing.