1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Men & their tools

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Apr 20, 2018.

?

Men, do you own a tool box?

1. Yes, it is beautifully organised and my pride and joy.

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes, it is indistinguishable from a rusty bear-trap.

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. No, it is my wife's pride and joy.

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. No, I borrow my neighbours.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, if a job needs tools I hire someone with some.

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I saw this on a TES advert and I had to click. I have no idea what it is but I want it. I feel moved to share this experience with you all.
    [​IMG]
    Once I've stopped lusting over its brutal elegance I may just get around to reading the accompanying text.

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I have about three toolboxes... some I use often... some I have never used. Some I am unsure of.

All are good.

border_walker and Vince_Ulam like this.
  3. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

4. colpee

colpee Star commenter

It is something for people who know nothing about tools to buy for people who use tools, and for the eventual recipient to smile in gratitude and carefully put it away for ever as it is clearly useless.

5. Vince_Ulam

In what crazy pink-glittered world is a wrench-screwdriver-pliers-knife combo useless?

lexus300 likes this.
  6. elder_cat

elder_cat Established commenter

A thing of beauty. Not sure what jobs it would be useful for in the kitchen, but slightly less sinister looking some of the other items shown under kitchen accessories.... :eek:

kitchen_claws.png

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  7. nomad

nomad Star commenter

8. elder_cat

elder_cat Established commenter

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I have 'the house tools' A toolbag of assorted tools that I might need to grab at short notice. Then down the shed I have the serious tools in their own box. Then in the various drawers on my workbench there is a selection of other tools. Plus on shelves are the power tools. Garden tools are kept in the garage. Then I have a smaller toolbox containing car tools, bulbs, fuses etc which lives under the floor of the boot. You can never have enough toolboxes.

edited I forgot the toolbox that I use to keep my fishing tackle in.

10. Vince_Ulam

nomad likes this.
  11. blazer

blazer Star commenter

12. CaptGrimesRetd

CaptGrimesRetd Occasional commenter

The knife you show is often used by shepherds - round about this time of year.

13. aypi

aypi Established commenter

Buy good single purpose tools if you are going to do anything other than cut your nails or open a beer bottle.

border_walker, les25paul and blazer like this.
  14. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I also have a bag of Ice Hockey tools which I carried about in the days when I managed an Ice Hockey team. These include a hot glue gun and a heat gun as well as assorted screwdrivers, spanners, pliers, spare parts and bladed tools for running repairs on equipment during games.

15. Vince_Ulam

You left out something crucial:

blazer likes this.
  16. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

One toolbox for all your fishing gear?

les25paul likes this.
  17. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

She didn't hit that nail square on the head with any blow.

18. Vince_Ulam

Lie down and elevate your feet.

racroesus likes this.
  19. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Does it come in pink?

20. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I am a diy collector of tools that might be useful.I have one tool which is in different sizes for screwing and has multiple interchanagle bits for differnt uses
    Tool boxes in the van(actually van is full of my work tools.) I have tools in the allotment and then in the shed,the cellar has a wide varity of tools and the car even has its own tool kit....but I am dammed if i can find a tool when I am looking for it!

border_walker and Vince_Ulam like this.