1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Memory stick says empty HELP!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by minilady, Nov 19, 2011.

1. hi just about to complete my planning for next week
    put in memory stick - nothing there... tried different computer nothing there
    what can have happened??? what can i do???
    there was a lot of things on there - not all of it backed up aaaaah
    can anyone help many thanks

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Have you been yanking it out of the computer without using the icon on the task bar to dismount it safely? That's a common cause of memory stick crashes. Not that it helps resolve your situation.

Some suggestions:

1. Turn computer off, then on again, and try again.

2. Try all the different USB sockets on your computer in case it's a socket fault.

3. Try it on as many different computers as humanly possible in the hope that one will 'see' it.

4. Try the free software download at recovermyfiles.com and see if it finds anything. If it does, you have to pay a one-off recovery fee, then the software is yours to use again if needed.

3. Have you sacrificed anything to the Memory Stick Fairies? That sometimes helps. Maybe a Guinea Pig or a Hamster, cut it's little throat and dip the memory stick in it's blood, that may do it.
    Otherwise, get really drunk and start all over again[​IMG]
    Good luck

4. flossy-fluffy

flossy-fluffy New commenter

This happened to me a few months ago and sad to say, lost everything! Even the tech guy in school couldn't fix it! It emphasised how important it is to back things up (oops haven't done that for ages!) Sorry this is probably not what you wanted to hear [​IMG]