1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Melody Fair / SWALK

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Math-Worksheets-Galore, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Math-Worksheets-Galore

Math-Worksheets-Galore Occasional commenter

Who can still remember that iconic 1970's film "Melody" starring the lovely Tracy Hyde, Mark Lester and "I want to be like him" Jack Wild? I showed it to my class at the end of term last year and it was 'lost in translation' - I sat back oblivious to their snoring and called back the past ... This film made its money in Japan as the actors became instant hits - even to this day!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Eh?

rachelpaula008 likes this.
  3. Math-Worksheets-Galore

Possibly didn't even get a screening in the UK - certainly did in South Africa. Nah, I'm sure it must have. It also had Roy Kinnear in a lead role. Those born in the late 70's and later may not have an idea ... music featured: Bee Gees and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. This may well elicit another "Eh?"

4. mandylifeboats

mandylifeboats Occasional commenter

Never heard of it, although I do remember SWALK. A bit cloying for my tastes but I daresay it was meant to be sweet and heartwarming.

5. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

I remember seeing it at the pictures - it was either at one of those Saturday Kids things at the ABC or it was the B film for something else.

6. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

"Eh?" was aimed at the pointlessness of the entire post.

rachelpaula008 and Burndenpark like this.
  7. Math-Worksheets-Galore

Thanks Jacob - opt out option? Don't be such a misery guts ...

8. Spiritwalkerness

I joined in because I have actually seen it and was being polite...but I wouldn't put it in a 'must-see' category or in a '100 films you must see before you die' list. And I don't think it is either life altering or life affirming.

Meh might be the phrase I'd use

9. inky

inky Lead commenter

What does meh mean and how is it pronounced?

10. Spiritwalkerness

11. Math-Worksheets-Galore

12. stupot101

stupot101 Established commenter

I've managed to find it.
    :)
    I don't remember the film, or know any of the music (I don't think). I'll probably have a look at it later.

13. asnac

asnac Lead commenter

Saw it on TV twice a generation ago, was charmed each time. Can't remember much about it except the kid igniting his dad's newspaper to get his attention at the table.

14. Math-Worksheets-Galore

That rascal, the late Jack Wild and the chap burning his dad's paper, the very same Mark Lester who laid claim to having fathered a child for Michael Jackson. Tracy Hyde now a dog-kennel owner in Surrey ... thanks for posting video stupot 101 ...

15. Math-Worksheets-Galore

Apologies - only just realised that this post should have been in the entertainment forum!