1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MEI A level books wanted

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Peter Warnes, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Peter Warnes

Peter Warnes New commenter

This may be a strange request, however I am after any unwanted MEI A level C1, C2, S1 text books. I am the head of maths at a brand new UTC and we will be following this course for just one cohort, before we switch over to the new linear specs. Any numbers of books appreciated no matter how few. Thank you.

LoopyLew likes this.
  2. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I expect you have likely already considered this but I can only suggest looking for bargains in the usual places.

[​IMG]

Good luck.

Peter Warnes likes this.
  3. PFCDaz

PFCDaz New commenter

They have a lot of resources, exercises and topic test materials on the MEI integral web platform which requires a subscription but ought to have enough material to cover a single cohort.

The last time I taught MEI A-level, the only thing I used the text books for was brushing up my own knowledge...

LoopyLew and Peter Warnes like this.
  4. Peter Warnes

Peter Warnes New commenter

Thanks, I think that's what I'll probably end up doing. i have one copy of each book I need for AS...so I'll be searching for or making my own resources as I go!

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  5. LoopyLew

LoopyLew New commenter

Have Pm'd you... DON'T make your own resources!!!

Peter Warnes likes this.
  6. LoopyLew

LoopyLew New commenter

If you enrol with FM network.. they give you one subscription of Integral for free. You can then print out worksheets, notes, etc for kids. It's really really good! Have survived on this for years!

Peter Warnes likes this.