1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Meetings

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by lilybetbee, Feb 12, 2012.

1. lilybetbee

lilybetbee New commenter

After half term we have a whole-staff meeting after school on Monday, subject development meeting on Wednesday and a parents evening on Thursday (from 3:45 to 7:30). Although it is rare to have less than 2 meetings a week, 2 + parents' evening seems a lot.
    Do all schools regularly calendar as many meetings as this?

2. lilybetbee

lilybetbee New commenter

After half term we have a whole-staff meeting after school on Monday, subject development meeting on Wednesday and a parents evening on Thursday (from 3:45 to 7:30). Although it is rare to have less than 2 meetings a week, 2 + parents' evening seems a lot.
    Do all schools regularly calendar as many meetings as this?

3. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

Ours tends to stick to one in any given week, unless exceptional circumstances demand it.
    If there is an evening meeting (parents' evening/options etc.), which are usually mid-week, there is never a staff meeting of any sort (usually held on Mondays) in the same week.

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Totally incorrect and advice likely to lead to staff being placed on disciplinary measures.
    Whilst some of the unions would like meetings to be limited to one per week, there is, in fact, no legislation to this effect.

5. bigpedro

bigpedro New commenter

apologies middlemarch, if thats true then we are all guilty of it. (best not let our SLT know)
    Merely passing on the advice we were given. Apologies to anyone misinformed.

6. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Bless you for being so nice!
    It's good practice to only make staff do a maximum of one meeting/event per week (I say a 'maximum' because they shouldn't be made to do them every week).

7. bigpedro

bigpedro New commenter

If i'm wrong I'm wrong, I think more people (especially on here) should learn to admit that sometimes.

Pedro