1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Meetings about meetings...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Cervinia, May 13, 2011.

1. Cervinia

Cervinia Occasional commenter

1 meeting a week... 1hr long. Often allocated as 'planning', 'files' or now 'report writing' time.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We have either a full staff meeting or a phase meeting as our one meeting a week. If you are a phase leader you have a second meeting on alternate weeks. That is more or less all. In weeks with parents' evenings we generally don't have meetings, nor in weeks when we have to input data.

We do have a briefing on Monday morning, though it isn't compulsory. Everyone tries to go however.

I can see why you would need a diary meeting every half term or so, but cannot for the life of me see what you would need an hour and a half every week for.

3. ^^^^^^^^

wot minni said

4. The Red Heron

The Red Heron New commenter

In a former awful horrific school I taught at when I had the misfortune to be on the SMT we would regularly have a SMT meeting on book moderation the day before staff meeting on book moderation, so workaholic control freak HT/DHT could catch staff out

5. One hour, once a week.

6. The Red Heron

The Red Heron New commenter

As it should be of course...I was too weak at this former school when the odd little fat Welsh DHT would stick her head round the door announcing 'meeting at lunchtime' (hours notice) Nowadays of course knowing a little more I would tell her where to go as:
    the meeting wasnt scheduled
    I wasnt given 24 hr notice
    Im entitled to a lunch break of a 'reasonable length'