1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Meeting new class activities. Let's share ideas!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by laurasmiles, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Hi, I am having year 1 next year (used to being in KS2 so it's a little scary!!) i've bought a big painting canvas and i'm going to get each child to do a hand print on the canvas then write the childs name next to the print. I'm going to hang it in the classroom.
    I like the postcard idea think it's great for ks2!

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Cut some strips of paper for them to write one of their strengths on each. Make them all up into a paperchain to hang over the whiteboard.Lots of discussion about teamwork, everyone being valued etc

3. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Used to do a blank shield quartered for them to record 4 strengths/interests, but got fed up of having to censor violent video game suggestions and other unsuitable pasttimes [​IMG]

4. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

oops disappearing post

5. https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6017474&preview=1

This might help, is a booklet I've made for my year 1 children.

Another idea I use is I take in a small suitcase of all the things that are important to me
    (some kryptic clues! - wooden spoon for cooking, swimming goggles for swimming) As a class we go throught the case and build a picture of what i'm like. Then the chn have to plan what they would put in their suitcase to give me clues.

Hope that helps.