1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Meet and Greet

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by korakupcake, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Hi,

I am new to these forums. I am an NQT and signed up to two agencies, one rang me teling me about a meet and greet at a school, get my face known etc, any tips to get noticed and what to bring?

Many thanks

2. I have never heard of such a thing and certainly never attended one. Is it specifically for supply teachers? If so it sounds like a great opportunity to me. I would wear something smart but distinctive. People are not so likely to remember your name but might say "I liked the one with the red top" kind of thing. Be polite, talk to as many people as you can, try to sell yourself as much as possible. As to what to take I would ask the agency's advice but I can't think of anything that would help much at this kind of event. BUT I have had no experience of these so if anyone gives you different advice that is more pertinent then take it.

3. It sounds suspiciously like unpaid work to me.

4. Hi,

Thanks for your advice. Basically, it was a tour of the school and what to do if manage to get supply work there.