1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Medlars... what to do with them?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by The Pobble, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Well... we were all tucked up in front of a crackling fire when there was a knock at the door. A neighbour stood there smiling... "Are you a meddler?" he asked.
    I grabbed the big tub of medlars and thanked him profusely - I have never seen one before let alone a huge tube of very well bletted (rotten) ones.
    So today I have one kilo dripping through muslin.... and about another 3 to go!
    I know a kilo will make 1 jar of jelly so I will repeat the procedure later. In the meantime I am looking for other recipes.
    I may grab some cream tomorrow and have them just mushed! They do taste odd!
    Medlar butter perhaps... does anyone have any ideas?

2. Well... we were all tucked up in front of a crackling fire when there was a knock at the door. A neighbour stood there smiling... "Are you a meddler?" he asked.
    I grabbed the big tub of medlars and thanked him profusely - I have never seen one before let alone a huge tube of very well bletted (rotten) ones.
    So today I have one kilo dripping through muslin.... and about another 3 to go!
    I know a kilo will make 1 jar of jelly so I will repeat the procedure later. In the meantime I am looking for other recipes.
    I may grab some cream tomorrow and have them just mushed! They do taste odd!
    Medlar butter perhaps... does anyone have any ideas?

3. Ooh!
    As I have now decided to puree the rest I can make that later in the week!
    Thanks [​IMG]