1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

medium term planning 'people who help us' in eyfs

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by NaomiLucas1985, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Hi guys
    Really after some help. This is my first year teaching Reception and I know 'people who help us' is usually done at the beginning of the year.
    I'm really after some ideas on CLL and PSRN, I need to cover letter writing, lists and description (according to the long term planning we have been given). It would be lovely to hear from anyone wh has taught this before at this late stage in the year or just anyone who has taught it lol!!
    Thank you!!

2. Hope you have done a search on tes resources; there's plenty there

3. thepinkrachael

thepinkrachael New commenter

Lists of equipment different people need (e.g. what would be in a doctor's bag or a fire engine...)
    Letters to fire/police station doctor/vet/similar asking about what they do or following a visit to one in your area to say thank you and what they learned/enjoyed about it.
    Description...following on from role play/story telling/other simuli related to firefighters - how did it feel putting out the fire, what was the fire like, the water etc.

4. Thanks very much!
    I had had a look on the resources but couldn't find much on medium term planning, those ideas are great thank you! I'm a little nervous as I taught Key Stage 2 last year so it's sometimes hard to know how much I should expect the children to be doing!

5. That's a great idea, one of the teachers is married to a paramedic so I can ask them to come in! Love the idea about the stamps. Can I just ask a silly question, but how much do you expect them to write?? I can't work out whether for the most able, writing a whole letter is expecting too much?