1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Medieval Castles...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by TEACHER16, May 9, 2011.

1. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

I am looking for fun ideas to add to my own to teach this topic. I have lots but I feel I need more to help me decorate the classroom as awell as my self. I am specifically needing help to make wall panels...what have you used in the past to make these look as real as possible? Thanks in advance.

2. smallschool

smallschool New commenter

I was lucky enough to have had a new washing machine and fridge freezer when I did a castles theme, which a group painted stone grey in class, the TA then pencilled the actual stones which were painted by the classes choice of artist. We then had canopied thrones, a table set with wooden bowls/trenchers, and a spit that turned a plastic chicken made from a coat hanger. I kept a box stocked with scrolls that the children made as a class at the begining of the topic (stained with teabags and gold edges) which were great for proclamations and decrees, and excellent writing meant they could embellish it with a ribon and a 'seal' which was the school stamp 'borrowed' from the office. My lower KS2 still talk about when we had a castle.