1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Medicals for international visas

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by tassiegirl, Feb 11, 2012.

1. I am sure once I start searching properly, I will find the answers, however, I thought I'd start here with advice from people who have actually done it!

In order to get my work permit and visas etc I am required to have a full medical, chest X-rays, blood tests etc that requires being signed off by head of hospital/travel clinic? and then legalised and then signed by the embassy here before I send them off.

Do I ring my doctor to find out how to go about this, or is there an obvious path that I take?

2. I am sure once I start searching properly, I will find the answers, however, I thought I'd start here with advice from people who have actually done it!

In order to get my work permit and visas etc I am required to have a full medical, chest X-rays, blood tests etc that requires being signed off by head of hospital/travel clinic? and then legalised and then signed by the embassy here before I send them off.

Do I ring my doctor to find out how to go about this, or is there an obvious path that I take?

3. 576

576 Established commenter

I didn't have to go through the stages above with my medical.
    But I went to the GP surgery who did the medical & they referred me to the hospital for the X ray and blood tests.
    I would think the GP surgery practice manager is probably the best person to speak to.