1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

media studies teacher

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Nicolos, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Hi

My name is Jack

I want to become a media studies I recently attended a interview but was not offered a place.

I received some positive feedback from the interview but they recommended that I gained more experience within A level media studies for a period. I currently live overseas in Sweden and I welcome any advice?

Should I be looking for teacher assistant roles?

2. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

What experience do you have in British schools, particularly at A level?

3. I did have a few media studies classes at A level when I did work experience in the uk. Whats the best way to more experience at A level?

4. littledragon25

littledragon25 New commenter

Honestly, from what they've said, it sounds like they'd like you to spend more time working in a school or volunteering in a school in an A Level media studies class. However, you may struggle to do that if you aren't living in the UK, where the majority of these classes may be.

It may be worth trying to spend a month or so over here volunteering in a department.