1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Media studies competition with amazing prize - opinions needed!

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by mattBE, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Hello.

I am head of Sales and Marketing at the British Exploring Society. We are a youth development charity that believes in facilitating development by taking groups of young people to the most inaccessible, beautiful, challenging and inspirational wilderness areas of the world.

We are looking at the possibility of adding a more media focussed element to our expeditions with a specific group of explorers who are there to document the expedition across multiple media formats.

To publicise this new opportunity we are looking at a national competition with prizes of up to 4 places on our expedition.

My question is do you think media studies teachers would get behind it and how can I structure the competition so that students can gain value from the work they put into to it?

We are at the early stages of planning but would like to launch it early in the coming academic year - opinions welcome!

Matt

matt@britishexploring.org