1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Media Studies and Community Rail

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by jsingleton1983, May 17, 2020.

1. jsingleton1983

jsingleton1983 New commenter

Hi all,

I'm a Community Rail Partnership Officer for the Heart of England CRP. One of the aims of the partnership is to encourage young people to engage with their local railway stations and I'm trying to develop a scheme of work of maybe 4 - 6 sessions, where I can work with media students on how to promote their local train station. The focus would be on rail use as a sustainable form of transport as well as highlighting the attractions local to the station. I'm looking for advice on how to tie in with the National Curriculum or if anyone has similar schemes of work that can be adapted. I'm an ex Primary teacher so Secondary is a whole new world to me!

I know that with the current conditions encouraging rail travel may seem counter-productive and I'd like to emphasise that CRP fully supports people staying at home as much as possible and not using public transport if possible. I am just taking the time now to plan for the future!

Many thanks in advance!

2. Lidnod

Lidnod Lead commenter

Suggest you post this on the Media Studies forum as well.

jsingleton1983 likes this.