1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

media studies a-level Teacher Support Guide

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by Gi-Jane91, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Does anyone know any good teaching guide books/resources that i could get to help me teach media studies at as/a-level standard? I can't seem to find any?

Thank you x

2. Does anyone know any good teaching guide books/resources that i could get to help me teach media studies at as/a-level standard? I can't seem to find any?

Thank you x

3. jaxs

jaxs New commenter

Hi Gi-Jane
    I taught Media Studies and Film Studies at AS/A2 level for 7 years. The exam boards all have text books that tie in with the syllabus, I never used them religiously as text books, but they do have some useful resources that can be used and/or adapted.
    I found 'The Media Teacher's Book' by Julian McDougall (published by Hodder Arnold) excellent; lots of useful strategies and ideas for interesting and stimulating lessons that can be adapted to whatever you're teaching.
    BFI books and website, Film Education and BBFC websites are all good sources for up to date resources for teaching Film.
    Enjoy your teaching!

4. Thank you!

5. Hello Friends I am Johnasjade And I am newbie Here I Want To Share This Beautiful Link By Which You can Get Your favorite Flicks Easily....