1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mechanics in Action- Carol Vorderman

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by DM, Sep 5, 2011.

1. DM

DM New commenter

I have it on VHS at work but it is worse than useless. I'm not going to offer to convert it for you unless you are a massive fan of 80s haircuts.

2. Haha, Is it really that bad? I just wanted a bit of another way to approach it, I am a Head of Maths but just teaching Mechanics for the first time. I would still like to have a look, can you please convert it, I'll contact you to sort any payment :) Thanks!

3. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

It's not bad, I feel nostalgic for it in the way you watch old Ace of Base videos on Youtube. It's way before she started all her "I'm a Maths expert" schtick and putting her name on books written by Andrew Jeffrey etc. If it's out there somewhere I wouldn't mind a copy but don't expect it to be anything other than a novelty to 16 year olds.

4. DM

DM New commenter

Sorry but I don't have any way to convert VHS to digital. It really is just permed Carol wearing Limahl's hand-me-downs rabbiting on in front of a rollercoaster. The amount of mathematics is minimal.
    If you want more interesting mechanics videos, try Dr Carlson's Science Theatre:
    http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~mjcarlso/ST/videos.html