1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Meal ideas for chicken breast fillets please, lovely TES people!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by bombaysapphire, Dec 23, 2010.

1. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Cook the chicken breasts and cut into cubes, cube an avocado pear, make a white sauce and add a slug of sherry, mix all together and put into an ovenproof dish, sprinkle a little cheese on top and bake for 30 mins. Serve with mash, new potatoes, pasta, rice etc.

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Droooooool!! Some great ideas already. [​IMG]
    Thanks folks - keep 'em coming (I like being spoilt for choice [​IMG]).

4. lapin, that sounds divine.
    Not sure my kids would go for it but hey - one day I may cook for a man again [​IMG]

5. What about a chicken strogonoff?
    I do that quite often too.

6. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Maple Syrup Chicken
    2tbsp maple syrup
    1tbsp soy sauce
    juice of 1 lemon
    1 crushed clove og garlic
    1/2 tsp chilli flakes
    1/2 tsp ground paprika (smoked if possible)
    1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
    2 chicken breasts
    salt and pepper
    Mix all the ingredients together and marinate the chicken in a container for a minimum of 2 hours (overnight is even better!). Reserve the marinade and place the chicken in a baking tray. Cover with foil and cook in a preheated oven (180 celsius) for 30-35 minutes. Using the reserved marinade, bring it to the boil in a small saucepan and simmer for approx 5-10 mins. When the chicken is ready, plate it up and pour over the sauce.
    Serve with rice and any veg you fancy!

7. One of my quick faves is a chicken breast with finely cut (ok I don't usually manage a fine cut...just a vague hacked to pieces!) veggies and a good slosh of white wine or cider....wrapped in a paper or foil parcel and baked.

8. Do a little "pouch" in your chicken breast, stuff with cheese and then roll your chicken breast in a parma ham slice. Put in a deep oveproof dish. To keep moist, add some vegetable stock so that it covers at least half the chicken breast. In the oven it goes for 20-25 min, until chicken cooked.

9. Pobs had a great one - I think she used whole breasts, but I have done it with fillets.
    It was a typical Pobs recipe (i.e. as slapdash as CQ)
    Chuck a tin of kidney beans into a casserole dish.
    Layer on your chicken.
    Toss on a bottle of salsa sauce.
    Bake for 30 mins ish.
    It is delish.
    At least, I think that is more or less what she originally said. I bung in some sweetcorn and green beans too.

10. henriette

henriette New commenter

Split down the middle to make a pocket; stuff the pocket with Boursin, pan fry and add mustard/wine to the juices to make a sauce

11. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Ooooooh, you are all spoiling me!!! Thank you so much.
    These all look fantastic - I may literally have to close my eyes and stick a pin in the list. [​IMG]
    I buy chicken breast fillets in the shopping every week and I have been really lazy and alternated between stir fries & curries, so all these recipies will be great to 'enliven' my range.
    Trouble with me is, I find something that Mr M likes and do it to death. Fortunately, he still can't get enough of mince & tatties. [​IMG]

12. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Here's another one that I normally cook when I'm short on time.
    2 chicken breasts
    salt and pepper
    Olive oil
    100ml chicken stock
    200ml half fat creme fraiche
    1tbsp dried tarragon
    1tbsp chopped coriander
    1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
    1tbsp lemon juice
    Chop up the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with S&P. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken pieces and fry until cooked through turning regularly. Reduce the heat and add the chicken stock. When it begins to bubble, tip in the creme fraiche, herbs, mustard and lemon juice then bring to a low simmer. Check for seasoning and serve immediately.

13. Yup, summink like that!

We do a BIG sandwich, add salady things!
    You'll need a baton or big bread roll (the posher the bread the more fun this is) and some blue cheese (we keep odds in the freezer for times like this) and mayo. You could also cajun spice the chicken, anything a bit hot will do nicely!
    Coat the chicken in whatever you have to hand and fry/grill off.
    Add the blue cheese to the mayo (choose your own consistency and strength of cheese to mayo)
    Bung it all in the roll, rocket makes a lovely addition, serve with tomato based salad and kitchen towel - it drips!
    It is very rich and very, very moreish!