1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Me! Me! Me!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mfl-hopeful, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Sorry, I felt the need to revive this thread after seeing yet another request for Mrs Cole book to be scanned and emailed. There were a few other requests that set me off too.

2. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

What is so amazing about this book? I've never heard of it!

3. Me neither, someone said it is in the Hamilton Trust plans but I've never used them in any school I've been in.

4. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

Why use the book if you can't get hold of it? Surely they should be thinking about adapting the plans for another, more accessible book?

5. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Please could I have a copy of 'me, me, me' . I also need all your plans that you've written on it and the resources you've made.
    I'm sure I can fit it in somewhere, perhaps the topic on independent thinking!

6. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

... and could I have it for my interview lesson, that I'd like you to plan for me too?
    [Note failure to say "Please"]

7. Winnie Woo

Winnie Woo New commenter

Ooh me too. And could I have a copy of your letter of application too?

8. Hi sorry to bump this thread from 20 years ago when you've long since retired from teaching and are persuing a lucrative career as a pole dancer in Swindon... but can you please send me your entire unit of work for Mrs Cole please? I want to do it with my class tomorrow!
    spamme@spammeplease.com

Seriously - if I come across a good unit of planning but can't find the book I either - look well in advance so I can track the book down, or just plan something different and adapt.
    Would I be really evil to buy up lots of copies of Mrs Cole for next year (since it's got a 3 month wait on Amazon) and stick them all overpriced to hell on Ebay in August next year?!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Now that's just given me a great idea!!! What's the next unit of work for Hamilton?

10. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any good fiction ideas for Ancient Egyptians with Lower KS2? If yes, please, please can you send me your planning, plus any Smartboard files? Also I have no idea what to teach in Maths or Science with Year 4, please can you send me your entire Autumn Term's planning differentiated three ways?
    I also don't know how to keep my class quiet or make their learning fun. Please please can you send me any fun ideas for making my class behave while ensuring that they are learning and that every child is achieving their full potential?
    I am also struggling a little with APP - could you email child-friendly targets for all subjects?
    Can I see a copy of your timetable? If I send you my class list, could you tell me where to sit them and how to arrange my classroom?
    I don't know what to put up on the walls. Can I see pictures of your display boards?
    I've no idea what to wear on the first week back! Can you send links of the outfit and the shoes you'll be wearing?
    I don't know what to make for lunch! Please can you send me a picture of your lunch each day with a full calorie count and saturated fat levels?

Thanx so much!!!! I can't wait to get started next term!

11. and while we're at it I want it all for free - *ugger all your hard work if it ain't free it should be.

12. ...and please,PLEASE can you wipe my a.r.s.e. for me???

13. You're complaining that I haven't said thank you for the things you've given me?
    Well I'm busy aren't - miserable lot.

14. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

Ooh, this sounds great! Can you email me a copy too?
    somethingfornothing@iwantitallandiwantitnow.com

15. mrs Thatcher once said " there is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women"
    i always thought of this forum as a community - a society - a club of teachers. supporting, nurturing, listening and advising.
    when i started teaching ( 100 years ago) i asked colleagues for help and they gave it. i became a good teacher.
    if there had been this forum when i began teaching i would have used it the same way as i asked colleagues.
    like most teachers I work a full week, several hours each evening and half of the weekend - if i can get help to reduce my work schedule or give help to others to spend more time with their families i will.
    grr...[​IMG]

16. ...AND i do loathe THATCHER - BLEUGH!

17. Msz

Msz Established commenter

You really seem to have missed the point ... people are adding their names to threads without even reading!
    There's a great example where someone has upped a ********** thread from 2007 asking for a resource!
    When you read these threads and see poster trying to be helpful by pointing out they may not get a reply or alternatively adding links to where they can find what they have asked for and then see that someone has posted an "and me" it does make you wonder ... well it does me
    If people need help I would hope that I would always offer help and support (out of interest how many resources have you shared?)

18. Oh dear, has everyone's 'back to work' mood kicked in or what?![​IMG]

19. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Not really harchie just likes to read my quotes [​IMG]