1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Me and My Family Topic - Reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by jenabloom, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Hi,

I've scoured the interent and forums, and am looking for more ideas for my topic this term. I've got various different things planned, but just wondering what anyone can think of for teaching this topic!

Thanks alot in advance [​IMG]

2. Hi,
    I am moving from year 4 to year 1, in september and this is my first topic too!
    So any advice or ideas from more exprerienced EYFS teachers would be fab!
    Many thanks in advance

3. We did this topic and the children hand printed their family tree, made paper chains of the numebr of people in their family. We looked at families in other countries and compared them to our families. We looked at what makes us unque and made anme plaques for the wall, self portraits and family coats of arms.
    Littlestones

4. WE go into what makes a family then I love to do the homes and houses side of a family. We learn our address and take a wax rubbing of the number of their house for homework ... can be put into order as an activity. I take the children out into the school grounds and do a close observation drawing of a variety (3) of different housing types nearby seen from the playground.