1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

May we have clarification on the use of multiple user names?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Lascarina, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

It had been my understanding that the use of more than one user name is not permitted. Yet we see, on a daily basis, posters using multiple names to post wind up threads and other posters having conversations with themselves. Is this allowed or not?

2. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

I think it's been confirmed that the answer is no. But how do you know that two posters are the same person?

3. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

It is perfectly clear that this is the case.

4. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Not to me. I never get the 'who's who' game.:(

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

@Lascarina

You could report this directly, naming the posters that you believe to be involved, to

TES.Community@tesglobal.com

If you wish to receive a response from the Moderation Team to a thread that you have started, it's a good idea to tag them, by the way. So I'll do it now.

@TES_Rosaline

I think it's hard for them to look at every thread on every forum every day.

Best wishes

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Theo, you are unbelievably helpful. What a silly person I am!

7. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I have emailed regarding one brazen example of multiple account abuse within the same thread.

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

9. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I don't like people fouling up my threads with their sock puppets.

10. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I have sent several reports in the same vein

11. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

I suspect you have sent several reports in vain.

Lascarina likes this.
  12. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Indeed! Good punning, harshy. I see that one poster, who was already posting concurrently under 4 different names, has come back again with another one. And the ventriloquist and dummy teams are appearing with ever greater frequency.

13. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

14. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Lascarina

You are correct about this point.

Users found to have more than one username will face sanctions or even have their posting privileges reviewed.

If you believe that another forum member has more than one account please can you let the Moderation Team know by sending an email to TES.Community@tesglobal.com or report the user's posts where relevant.

Thank you.