1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maximum number of classes per teacher

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by bambas71, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Hello all I have a general enquiry regarding the number of classes a teacher should legally teach before it gets ridiculous.

Is there any legislation or guide lines out there that indicate the Maximum amount of classes 1 teacher should teach?

I know there are guidelines and research to suggest the maximum amount of students in a class but is there any advice as to how many different classes 1 teacher should teach.

I currently teach 18 different classes over a 2 week timetable.

Is anyone in a position to shed any light on this situation.

11 of those classes are GCSE.

2 are A-level

5 are KS3

Workload is unsustainable.

Any suggestions.

2. Hello all I have a general enquiry regarding the number of classes a teacher should legally teach before it gets ridiculous.

Is there any legislation or guide lines out there that indicate the Maximum amount of classes 1 teacher should teach?

I know there are guidelines and research to suggest the maximum amount of students in a class but is there any advice as to how many different classes 1 teacher should teach.

I currently teach 18 different classes over a 2 week timetable.

Is anyone in a position to shed any light on this situation.

11 of those classes are GCSE.

2 are A-level

5 are KS3

Workload is unsustainable.

Any suggestions.

3. Full time in FE is 22-24 hours contact time per week.
    I don't quite get the 18 classes over 2 weeks (I have only ever worked a weekly timetable). How many hours is that a week?

4. Sorry iv placed this in the wrong section. I work in a secondary schoool. I have a 2 week timetable.