1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Matric South Africa physical science compared with AS/GCSE

Discussion in 'Independent' started by pinkdoo, Aug 14, 2011.

1. I don't know if you can help but I am trying to find out whether the Grade 12 school leavers in South africa is more compatable with AS or GCSE
    I have recently return to SA and have found resources sadly lacking - I have developed numerous resources over 12 years in the UK but would like advice or maybe a website where I can find the short version of the syllabus for AS and GCSE so that i can use the most suitable

I know I am rambling but I hope I am semi coherent
    thank you Judy Port Elizabeth South Africa

2. I don't know if you can help but I am trying to find out whether the Grade 12 school leavers in South africa is more compatable with AS or GCSE
    I have recently return to SA and have found resources sadly lacking - I have developed numerous resources over 12 years in the UK but would like advice or maybe a website where I can find the short version of the syllabus for AS and GCSE so that i can use the most suitable

I know I am rambling but I hope I am semi coherent
    thank you Judy Port Elizabeth South Africa

3. Try the exam board websites; AQA, EDEXCEL etc. They have short forms of the specifications in their details (usually near the front of each specification booklet). What age do they leave school in SA? That may also give you a starting point for comparison.

4. School leaving age is 18 so that would make them closer to A level wouldn't it
    Thanks for the advice

5. They are about 18 so that would put them closer to A level wouldn't it thanks for yr help