1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Year 5 Taster Day - NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rishism, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Good Evening All,
    My new HOD wants me to prepare some activities for a Year 5 Taster Day.
    I have never done this and am struggling to think of anything, the maths dept tends to come up with pretty boring ideas compared to English and Science and I really want to change this.
    Please help! I dont have an interactive whiteboard, and i want to do 2-3 activities (ideally 2 lasting 20mins each). The teachers that that did do these days previously have gone into hiding, and I have only a day left :(

2. Good Evening All,
    My new HOD wants me to prepare some activities for a Year 5 Taster Day.
    I have never done this and am struggling to think of anything, the maths dept tends to come up with pretty boring ideas compared to English and Science and I really want to change this.
    Please help! I dont have an interactive whiteboard, and i want to do 2-3 activities (ideally 2 lasting 20mins each). The teachers that that did do these days previously have gone into hiding, and I have only a day left :(