1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths year 2 and dissertation advice please

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by kitty_kat33, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Hi
    I am about to start my final SE placement from university, this is also the term when i research my chosen topic for my dissertation, due in February 2013. I had initially planned to use ICT to build children's confidence in Maths but this was in a key stage 2 setting. I have just been given a placement year 2 classroom, however, I have no previous experience of year 2 and although i'm sure that it is a good thing to be out of the comfort zone that is key stage 2 I have no idea where to begin to put together a research proposal. Whilst I am sure could that ICT used in maths could well be used to boost confidence in a year 2 classroom but now sure how, any suggestions please? I also forgot to say that I am doing my school experience now after not being in a classroom environment for almost 16 months so my confidence is already a touch shaky.

Thanks for reading.

Kitty x

2. Hi
    I am about to start my final SE placement from university, this is also the term when i research my chosen topic for my dissertation, due in February 2013. I had initially planned to use ICT to build children's confidence in Maths but this was in a key stage 2 setting. I have just been given a placement year 2 classroom, however, I have no previous experience of year 2 and although i'm sure that it is a good thing to be out of the comfort zone that is key stage 2 I have no idea where to begin to put together a research proposal. Whilst I am sure could that ICT used in maths could well be used to boost confidence in a year 2 classroom but now sure how, any suggestions please? I also forgot to say that I am doing my school experience now after not being in a classroom environment for almost 16 months so my confidence is already a touch shaky.

Thanks for reading.

Kitty x

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

ICT is used in KS1 classrooms too! Have a look at some of the excellent websites that are used, Education City is a good starting point, to see the range of activities that are available covering a wide spectrum of learning objectives. Perhaps you could focus on ones where repetition is key-such as times tables or number bonds- and how ICT can be used to support this both in scholl and through home practice.