1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths working wall. - Picture or diagram please. (Lost)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lost_in_Space, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Has anyone got a pictureor diagram of a maths working wall they use so that I can try and create one in my classroom.

Many thanks.

LOst

2. Hopefully now this site is back someone out there can help me.

Thanks

Lost.

3. Don't have a picture or diagram but will try to describe it, if that will help! ( I have yr2/3)

At the top I have general mental strategy statements from ********** (SB320) which stay up pretty much all the time! Then I have the vocabulary for the specific unit we are working on. I try to ensure the first couple of lessons in an unit are visual so I have something to display, for example when we were looking at number patterns and multiplication the children "coloured in" number squares with multiples of given numbers, these were put on display, when we were doing shape we made nets which I displayed. I then have a section for "notes" we make during the lesson, it might be demonstrating addition on a number line, properties of 3d shapes etc. These are changed almost daily ( I have a flip chart and just tear the page off and blu-tack it up. Finally I add any interesting comments the children come up with ( especially during the plenary) when they "spot" something -the lightbulb moment!. ) oh and next to the working wall I have a challenge sheet with a related question the the children scribble on during the week-eg when we were looking at shape I asked the children to think of related shapes in the environment-for triangular prisms we had toblerones stuck to the wall!

Hope this helps!

4. jog_on

jog_on New commenter

Thanks so much for the link - these are excellent!

5. Super information thank you.

6. Super links and help thank you.