1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

Maths WORD problems display

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ICTBusiness, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Hi there,

We have to each have a classroom display with maths word problems on.

I have thought about using class puppets to base the display on, i.e. bill and ben go to the beach - money problems. Bill and Ben are working as carpet fitters - measure problems.

It is just so boring. Has anyone got anything exciting going on in their classrooms?

Any ideas please....

2. Hi there,

We have to each have a classroom display with maths word problems on.

I have thought about using class puppets to base the display on, i.e. bill and ben go to the beach - money problems. Bill and Ben are working as carpet fitters - measure problems.

It is just so boring. Has anyone got anything exciting going on in their classrooms?

Any ideas please....

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Sounds a whole lot more exciting than anything I've seen in my school!!!

5. Maybe I am not that bad!!

6. I was looking for exactly the same thing so have downloaded the book. My advice? Save your money!

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

There were odd bits in it that were okish, but nothing really exciting.

8. Agree with you, total waste of money!

9. Have you considered using RUCSAC as part of your problem solving display - looking at the tools required to solve any problem irrespective of the AT2,3,4 focus?

10. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

Having only recently seen this thread, can I make three observations?
    a) I agree with OD that the RUCSAC cards make a useful 'steps to success' maths problem-solving display.
    b A BIG THANK YOU to Marlin for pointing people in the direction of my website - much appreciated!
    c) An apology to both FenellaF and Judith Jones, as I understand that no book is right for everyone, so I completely respect your point of view. Indeed I have read many books that some folk have raved about that I have not been so keen on, and vice versa.I have sent both of you a private message via the TES offering you a full refund for this book as it is not suitable or you; this is my 100% money-back no quibble guarantee on ALL my books.To apologise for your disappointment I would also love to send both of you a complimentary copy of Always, Sometimes Never which has just been published.Send me an email or reply to my message and I will sort it for you.

Details of the new book are in this month's newsletter at http://mim.io/be8922. It's free!