1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Week - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by suzyanne100, Mar 16, 2011.

1. I'm organising a Maths week for school soon and was just thinking of things we could do. Has anyone done anything that's worked particularly well or maybe you just have a fab idea?!
    I'm also looking for a theatre group in the South East who could do a Maths performance. Googled it but not been successful yet.

Many thanks!

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

We did Smarties Maths.
    If you Google Smarties maths it will come up with lots of links. Great fun - but of course you need to check allergies/food intolerance etc.

3. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

I wonder whether you could do a maths trail around the school?
    Or a maths treasure hunt? (think loop cards but each card is a maths puzzle and the answer is another card elsewhere)
    Or how about teaching them a couple of magic tricks that work by maths?
    Or maybe a giant mosaic made from squares - each child designs a 30cm square and you can put them together to make a giant picture for the press
    Or maybe an inter-house maths competition? This could be based on countdown or even a maths relay.
    Just a few ideas - email me and I can probably give you some more.

Good Luck! AJx

4. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

Sorry, I'm such a muppet! it's 'info at andrewjeffrey dot co dot uk'. Apologies for not being clever enough to include that in the first place!