1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths used in Unit

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by hollierm, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I was wondering how many of you have experience of pupils being given maths work to be completed in internal 'exclusion' units.
    We have a unit where pupils are sent if they are removed from lesson or are higher up the schools behaviour system i.e. after a fixed term exclusion. I have been informed by several of my classes that the work I have given them is 'unit work'. This was a massive shock to me as the sheets they were given are a maths department resource- we do not have class sets of textsbooks etc so we have sheets of practice questions. The pupils are currently working towards GCSE Unit 1 Foundation so some of the work is really straight forward but we still need to check that we can do it accurately etc.

2. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

I would imagine that at some point the Head of Maths was asked to provide some work that could be competed in the exclusion unit, they chose some simple worksheets that could be accessible to all and promptly copied them and handed them in.
    Interesting that so many know what the sheets in the exclusion unit are like!