1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Thoughts

Discussion in 'Primary' started by WB, May 10, 2017.

1. tedhat

tedhat Occasional commenter

Ahh, indeed - the lovely Chen. However, why, oh why,are people allowed to mention Chen's name and yet whenever I type the name of that Australian
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

2. tedhat

tedhat Occasional commenter

Thought today's paper was the toughest of the week......

3. Webspindles

Webspindles New commenter

Paper 3 was quite a bit tougher. As the difficulty ramped up at the end, so did the prerequisite time needed to even get to the maths needed. That should guarantee the 100 score stays where it was last year. At least it's over.

My summary:

Reading - much more like it.
    Grammar - much the same.
    Spelling - a beast.
    Arithmetic - much the same, pointless beast question to end.
    Reasoning 1 - very accessible, too much unnecessary distraction in questions.
    Reasoning 2 - much trickier, and hoovered up all of the level 6 questions missing from yesterday.

rachsecret likes this.
  4. jdrobbo

jdrobbo New commenter

Thought today was very fair. Did a full breakdown of curriculum content yesterday lunchtime and produced a revision list of all areas yet to be covered. 12 of the areas came up!!

5. dxhjoan

dxhjoan New commenter

We thought it was the most difficult of the 3 papers..big step up in difficulty after half-way through

6. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

The same way it can happen in Y6. Children know when they have got something wrong by what teachers do.

I was more referring to coursework cheating though. The level of 'help' tgat some students get renders it pretty much pointless.

7. RegulatorWatts

RegulatorWatts New commenter

I'd agree today was a real toughie but as many have said we picked out about 10 questions in revision yesterday so hoping my borderline are in the 15-20 bracket.

Particularly pleased with the 3 mark question as we revised the topic last week, yesterday afternoon and this morning and a lot of my middle ability nailed it.

8. emeraldrach

emeraldrach New commenter

Couldn't have put it better myself!