1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths text books

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Samstan, Jul 20, 2011.

1. This year we have replaced our GCSE and KS3 text books. Consequently we have 100's of Collins GCSE foundation and higer text books sitting unused in a cupboard, as well as KS3 Framework books. They have only been used for 2 years and are in good condition. We can sell them at a very competitive price!
    Is anyone interested or do you know an organisation or website that could help us.
    Many thanks.

2. This year we have replaced our GCSE and KS3 text books. Consequently we have 100's of Collins GCSE foundation and higer text books sitting unused in a cupboard, as well as KS3 Framework books. They have only been used for 2 years and are in good condition. We can sell them at a very competitive price!
    Is anyone interested or do you know an organisation or website that could help us.
    Many thanks.

3. Try searching for "Books for Africa". I know that a number of charities take old textbooks and redistibute them to third world countries. You could then maybe set up a link with a school that receives them and use it to promote PSHE concepts and do some real life Maths about the differences between kids in different countries.

cyolba, getting all Oxfam on your arses :)

4. do they? i've just had a quick search and could only send books to africa if i started from the us - uk based charites seem to want money to buy new books
    prove me wrong - please - i have a container full at church - but i wasted half a day on this not long back

5. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

I know we can't advertise on this forum, but my post in Marketplace has been sitting looking very lonely and unloved for over a week - it's probably on page 2 now and has the word Maths in the title...

6. September

September New commenter

With reference to the Collins books. Where are you located?
    Why don't you given them to the students to use at home. I did this with a lot of olde maths books. The kids will really appreciate this.

7. My school might be interested in some - have sent you a message via TES forum asking for more details.
    Thanks