1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths teacher seeks iPad app advice

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by andrewdyer, Aug 29, 2015.

1. I have an iPad which will work with air server to display my iPad screen to my class. Is there an app where I can begin with an exam question (as it appears on an exam paper - the text followed by space for working and an answer) and then write on my iPad using a stylus to show the solution, and then (maybe) save the whole thing?

Thanks to anyone who can help

2. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

explain everything

3. Chad78

Chad78 New commenter

If you're in an ICT suite or the kids have ipads/phones/other devices, how about use Socrative to set them the question then display all their answers next to each other on the projector screen and compare against each other and your model answer. Kids can even vote for best answer in Socrative. You can save answers to spreadsheet as well.

4. Chad78

Chad78 New commenter

sorry, just realised your a maths teacher, doesn't really work for maths solutions..

5. kimberleyanddarren

kimberleyanddarren New commenter

If you ever find this could you please let me know as it sounds like an amazing idea!

6. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

*slaps forehead* - there is an app, it's called "explain everything"

7. kimberleyanddarren

kimberleyanddarren New commenter

Does it have preloaded sats questions or is it more of a whiteboard tool? Sorry haven't seen it before!

8. Thanks, d j Phillips. I have got "explain everything" up and running and it's just what I'm after. It works best if exam papers are in pdf format as they convert much better when brought into the app. All the best