1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths subject leader audit

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by awatkinson, Jan 3, 2011.

1. I have been asked to complete a maths audit as the new subject leader, Where do I start? Has anyone got an example I could look at?

2. I have been asked to complete a maths audit as the new subject leader, Where do I start? Has anyone got an example I could look at?

3. DM

DM New commenter

Well what do you want to audit? Subject knowledge? Marking? Schemes of work?

4. Tandy

Tandy New commenter

I would suggest that, as a new subject leader, a paper audit or an approach that feels like some sort of inspection/assessment of your department may not be the most effective.

I think it would be much more constructive to undertake an activity with all of the team looking at what you do well at the moment and what you (and students and parents) feel you should be working to improve. The NCETM have a template for such an activity on their site. There is also the extensive Excellence in Mathematics Leadership section, which as a new subject leader you might find very useful.

5. googolplex

googolplex Occasional commenter

http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/96112