1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

maths scheme of work

Discussion in 'Primary' started by almajim, Jan 31, 2011.

1. We have to write a maths scheme of work for our school, based on the framework. Any ideas where to start?

2. We have to write a maths scheme of work for our school, based on the framework. Any ideas where to start?

3. jog_on

jog_on New commenter

Which year group? Which block of work? Just go to the framework and have a look first of all. There is advice on www.schools.norfolk.gov.uk - in curriculum and then primary mathematics for planning a unit of work.
    Good luck! :)

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Wow, what a question!
    What sort of scheme do you want to end up with?I'm presuming it's to do with progression through the school, so a scheme from R - yr6?
    So you need to look at all the units. Then prioritise. Which units are well catered for? Which resources do you want to use with which unit? Which units do you want to do when e. g. a particular 'weak' area just before SATs in yr 6, measurement in term 2 for yr 3 because it will fit in well with a particular topic etc.
    Personally I'd print off a resume & physically cut & paste when you want to do which unit when, in consultation with the staff. Then look at which resources fit.
    It's a huge undertaking. So I'd google a few examples & then use the best ideas to make your own.