1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths scheme of work - 'Timely Practice' - who has used it?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by WMFanClub, Sep 17, 2019.

1. WMFanClub

WMFanClub New commenter

Hi,

I work in a small unit for vulnerable KS4 students. Our 'head' has recently introduced a new scheme of work for maths, called Timely Practice. Myself and my colleagues are struggling with it for a variety of reasons (not least the fact that the training has been patchy). It appears to be new - I think we are trialling it (think guinea pigs... squeak squeak).

What worries me the most is that we are no longer covering the ground in maths that we seemed to be able to do last year, and we fear our students might suffer long term.

I wondered if anyone else has used it and can give me some feedback?

Thanks.

2. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

The website http://www.srslearning.com/ claims it's a free trial, but has no information about the people behind it. Digging around, it's a collaboration between Lesley Goddard "a maths teacher for over 25 years" and Simon Booth, a software engineer. Oh, and the free trial ran out in July, so mybe you are paying for it after all. Keep raising your concerns, trialling a niche app with no training sounds like a dodgy thing for your head to do.