1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Resource as Seen on TV

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by jenboc, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Hi everyone This is my first post so am hoping someeon can help. I was watching Information TV - a programme about maths in what looked like a YR class. The children were using a pegboard with holes up to 10 and I've never seen one of these before. They looked really useful but I have been unable to find these pegboards anywhere! This school featured was in Ireland but I'm sure that these boards should be available elsewhere. Help! Anyone know a supplier? Thanks Jenboc

2. Hi everyone This is my first post so am hoping someeon can help. I was watching Information TV - a programme about maths in what looked like a YR class. The children were using a pegboard with holes up to 10 and I've never seen one of these before. They looked really useful but I have been unable to find these pegboards anywhere! This school featured was in Ireland but I'm sure that these boards should be available elsewhere. Help! Anyone know a supplier? Thanks Jenboc

3. teacherof30

teacherof30 New commenter

Were there actual pegs? It sounds a bit like numicon??

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

5. They looked like wooden pegs with a straight 'number line' up to 10! Thanks for the help though. I will look for numicon because they might be all that I can get! Cheers x

6. Msz - Ta for the photos. These weren't what I saw but they look useful. Any chance that you could let me know what these are called? Thanks x