1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths question about a job

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by shakes16, Nov 19, 2019.

1. shakes16

shakes16 New commenter

HI

I have a possible customer service job for £18000. It is 9 until 6 I think Mon to Fri. I am currently working from home though and getting about £800 a month for not doing that much and free to do what I like in my spare time during the day.
    Shall I take this job which will be permanent and offer sick pay and a pension as well as the usual NI payments? Or just try to increase my £800? I have a business I am setting up you see but I haven't the money to market it yet properly. Travel costs to this job will be about £45 a month by bus.

2. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

upload_2019-11-20_12-40-24.png
    I love these sketchy problems!

3. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

This doesn't seem lie a maths problem. There are too many unknown factors to give any sensible advice.

4. frustum

frustum Star commenter

Yep, too many unknowns.
    Might part-time be a possibility in the customer service job? If you could do four days a week, you'd have some regular income and sick pay, pension contributions, etc, and some spare time to work on your business plan.