1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MATHS planning

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by winnieandpiglet, Apr 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. winnieandpiglet

winnieandpiglet New commenter

I was using CCJ maths planning and resources and it was great.
    However the site is now retired and I will be moving year groups in September.
    Happy to subscribe to a website.
    any ideas where I can get plans and resources / ideas all in one place.
    thanks

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I've heard lots of people mention White Rose Maths. there's some examples on this site.

3. Taboo71

Taboo71 New commenter

We have used White Rose Maths and it seems good so far. Some resources need adapting to meet the needs of the class.

4. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Good scheme to use as a starting point. Easy to adapt. Saves a lot of valuable teacher time...

5. Sally_90

Sally_90 Occasional commenter

At my old school we adopted White Rose about 2 years ago.It's very good.

Can I ask if you have a whole-school scheme of work for Maths?You shouldn't be paying yourself for such a fundamental element as daily Maths lesson planning!What does your Maths Coordinator think?

6. theluckycat

theluckycat Occasional commenter

Agree with Sally90, should be a Maths Lead's responsiblity I would have thought. Surely one of the reasons that they get paid more.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. brighton56

brighton56 Occasional commenter

Is it the maths leaders responsibility to provide day-to-day short term planning? A medium term overview is what is expected with objectives to be taught but surely the teacher needs to decide how they will do this.

All schools are different. Many maths leads in primary are not paid more. Leading a core subject does not constitute a guaranteed TLR.

8. Sally_90

No,but there should be a whole-school agreement on how Maths is being taught and scheme(s) followed.Our Maths Coordinator certainly did not have a TLR but attended courses and local meetings and received information about some of the different commercial schemes and approaches available so they would be the first port of call for a teacher wanting guidance in teaching the subject.

chelsea2, theluckycat and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  9. Sally_90

Sorry,forgot to add @winnieandpiglet ,your Coordinator will also receive info about upcoming courses,so if you're facing a big jump in year groups they might be able to book you in for some training?

bevdex and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  10. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

If only teachers had such freedoms in all schools. In some schools a 'scheme' is followed to the letter and woe betide any teacher who deviates from it.

If the OP genuinely has nothing at all, then there are lots of excellent mastery sites around with great resources. BUT if the school doesn't follow that approach, they could be stuck. They definitely need to speak to the maths leader for guidance, but then ideally can use bits from a variety of places.

Mind you, they could just quickly download the CCJ stuff for their new year group and use that!

bevdex and sally90 like this.
  11. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I believe it's already gone from the site.

12. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Ahhhhh

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  13. winnieandpiglet

winnieandpiglet New commenter

Thank you all very much for your replies
    I have now looked at the white rose maths that is on TES and will now search for the resources for it.
    Hopefully it will be easy to look at and adapt.
    Thanks again