1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MATHS planning UKS2

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by winnieandpiglet, Apr 6, 2018.

1. winnieandpiglet

winnieandpiglet New commenter

I was using CCJ maths
    It was great
    but it is now retired
    lovely ideas and resources all in one place
    I will now be moving year groups in Sept.
    Any ideas on website..happy to subscribe to ....with resources and plans all in one place
    ****** is too expensive for the plans.
    Any ideas I would be soooo grateful as I am worried now!
    Thanks

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I love CCJ maths, especially for KS1. (It was probably great for KS2 as well, but I never used it for that because I just didn't teach them then.)

Not surprised CCJ is retiring though... She was an amazing maths consultant in Bedfordshire nearly 20 years ago now.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. Abitofeverything

Abitofeverything Occasional commenter

Try the Maths on Target Books. They follow the new curriculum and have 3 levels so suit most of the class. I found children could judge for themselves which level they needed, and move up/down if they were finding questions too easy/difficult. Good luck

agathamorse and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I've used these and liked the 3 levels. I used to get children on the level they felt comfortable with and doing every other question. Then when we checked the answers if they were still making too many mistakes, they went back and did the 'missing questions' for extra practice. If they were doing well they could move on to the next level for a challenge.

agathamorse likes this.
  5. WelshMags

WelshMags New commenter

Join the Zedteach Group on Facebook. Fantastic Y6 teacher shares all his maths PowerPoints based on White Rose. They save so much time - easy to adapt and use in your own way. Subscribe to third space learning and you will be sent loads of free resources for arithmetic and reasoning. Maths Genius on TES - all maths topic questions from past Sats papers in categories. Subscribe to classroom secrets for differentiated maths and other areas of the curriculum. These are my top tips for Y6 survival!