1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths planning help please.

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by rosieandjim, Jan 29, 2011.

1. rosieandjim

rosieandjim New commenter

I struggle with my maths planning every week. it takes me ages and l am never really happy with it.
    Block B Unit 2. Derive and recall all addition and subtraction facts for numbners to at least 10. Please help. They found it hard the first time round adn l think l confused them. Would be really grateful for any ideas.
    Thank you.

2. rosieandjim

rosieandjim New commenter

I struggle with my maths planning every week. it takes me ages and l am never really happy with it.
    Block B Unit 2. Derive and recall all addition and subtraction facts for numbners to at least 10. Please help. They found it hard the first time round adn l think l confused them. Would be really grateful for any ideas.
    Thank you.

3. Not so much an idea, and you might already do this, but i'd break this up into 2 objectives. Focus on addition to 10 first and then subtraction to 10. I find that teaching two calculations together confuses the **** out of them until they are competent mathematicians! x

4. Give the children a number and the same amount of cubes.
    Ask them to split the cubes in lots of different ways and write as addition sentences to find all possilibities. Repeat with different numbers.